Dressing up for the prom is on every girl’s wish list. You are probably keen on trying an outfit that’s not cliché and is different from what you would typically wear for a party. Styling for that special night requires many things, including the perfect outfit and right prom accessories. Here are some styling tips that may come handy.
- Always get the fit two days in advance. If you have purchased the prom dress a few weeks in advance, you may want to try it for that last fitting. Keep in mind that even the best dress can look wrong, unless it fits your body in the way desired.
- Check if you have the right accessories. This includes selecting the perfect lingerie that will work for the outfit. For example, if you are wearing a short dress, you will definitely need a pair of booty shorts. For ensuring that your upper body looks in shape, get a good bra that fits well and will hold the cleavage.
- Select the right pair of shoes. More often than not, girls look for the perfect outfit, ignoring the need for an ideal pair of matching heels. Heels are ideal for prom night, but make sure that the shoes are comfortable, because you will be dancing the night away. If pencil heels seem a tad too much, go for platforms. Unless absolutely necessary for comfort reasons, avoid wedges.
- Keep the jewelry in check. It goes without saying that the choice of jewelry depends largely on the choice of outfit. Let’s say that you have selected a nice sequin or metallic outfit. Now, it is almost necessary that you stick to simple studs or probably a good bracelet. Don’t overdo the accessories, especially jewelry, for loud outfits.
- Get your hair done keeping comfort in mind. Styling your dress also involves selecting a hairdo, and it should be based on your comfort level, as well. For example, if you want to wear something like a halter dress, an updo for the hair will accentuate the outfit better. Some girls like the idea of keeping the hair loose, so choose what works for you.
Finally, make sure that you check the online stores for buying prom outfits. Many of these stores have thousands of designs and styles in their stock, and you can experiment with cuts, colors, and trends a lot better.